Monday, January 18, 2016

Visceral Response


Running is my passion and has been ever since my freshman year in high school. Looking at this picture feels me with joy and and fulfillment because I have been blessed to have two working legs to compete with. This picture may not be beautiful to everyone but it stupefies me because it causes me to pause and examine closely the different textures of the shoes instead of showing someone running in them.

The way I framed this particular shot attracts a vertical line starting with the black shoe on the bottom of the screen and follows it upward to the fluorescent green shoe and leads your eye past that leaving the viewer optimistic about what is next and that is the effect that I was looking for.

The different forms of the shoe stand out as well because they're all made for different purposes. The black and white shoes on the bottom are meant for long distances and specialize on concrete and sidewalk because it has the proper support on the your heel to comfort it so it's not hurting while you're doing it. The blue and gray shoes next to it are strictly for trails so it is made for dirt but as you can see the formation of this shoe is different than the first pair because it curves is higher on your ankle and the support is also different. Now the last pair on the far right are racing flats for Cross Country and are made for about mid-distance running. These are the lightest pair out of all 3 and the dip is super low on your ankle and it's made for running on grass and some dirt. You shouldn't run on the concrete with these because they don't support your feet well. The form of all these shoes inspire the beauty for me because they all have their unique qualities to them which really speak to me.

When it comes to the color of this photo, their is a variety and contrast of mixtures contained. The color is probably the best quality to this photo that applies it beauty most to me because it has the plain colors with the blacks and grays but then the fluorescent green makes it pop because it has that bright texture to it mixed with the green and healthy looking grass. I took this picture in the middle of the day when the sun was at its peak because the light hits the shoes quite right and the textures of the shoes affect how the light reflect off it as well.

I spaced the shoes close together because it creates that dynamic vertical line and then I leave blank but it still leads the eye of the viewer the shoes are placed in the middle of the frame and work its way up to the top left. The grass works as a great background because running is done on different terrains ranging from concrete, dirt, grass, etc. so it adds to the photo.

I am in love with running and that is what this picture represents with the 3 different pairs of running shoes and how they are distinctively unique. Running shoes come in different shapes and colors which is what makes showing them off so fun. Overall, this picture brings out creativity a bunch of contrasting emotions in me which truly makes it beautiful to me. I love everything about this and keeps me inspired to continue running. #Runner4Life

1 comment: